You may well have celebrated the Royal Wedding with a Chambord Queen of Hearts Cocktail, but a Chambord Cocktail is too good a drink not to repeat for any occasion with a loved one.
Chambord is a luxurious French black raspberry liqueur, with intense raspberry and vanilla notes, which is perfect to enjoy with champagne or any sparkling wine as a Chambord Royale, or in a host of favourite Chambord cocktails.
According to legend, Chambord was inspired by a luxurious raspberry liqueur produced for French royalty in the 17th Century. Made from an infusion of the world’s finest black and red raspberries with Madagascan vanilla and XO Cognac, Chambord continues to inspire cocktail and culinary creations around the world.
So if you haven’t got this already, Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur has a cocktail fit for the Queen of Hearts:
CHAMBORD QUEEN OF HEARTS COCKTAIL
• 25ml Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur
• 25ml premium gin
• 25ml fresh grapefruit juice
• 10ml fresh lemon juice
• 2 sage leaves
• Dash of soda water
• Good quality raspberry jam
Coupette or Martini
• Simply add the Chambord, gin, grapefruit juice, lemon juice and sage leaves to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake hard to the beat of the drum.
• Paint the inside of your glass with good quality raspberry jam and strain the liquid in a chilled coupette or martini glass and top with a dash of soda water. Voila!
• To complete the look and flatter your queen, garnish your Chambord Cocktail with a mini Queen of Hearts playing card.
Hint: Make sure you grab some of those “cocktail dressings” that are used when you are out rather than letting the bar throw them away (ie: close pegs, swizzle sticks etc) They can really make your home cocktail stand out.
Chambord black raspberry liqueur is 16.5% alc. by vol. so it typically doesn’t add to the overall alcohol percentage of your cocktail.
Chambord can be purchased from all participating major supermarkets throughout the UK (RRP: £8.00, 20cl).