Mayfair’s Mount Street to unveil Christmas lights and host festive celebration.
On Thursday 22 November from 6pm, Mount Street will unveil its brand new twinkling Christmas lights as part of its annual lighting ceremony which joins the illumination of The Connaught’s iconic Christmas tree, this year designed by celebrated conceptual artist Sir Michael Craig-Martin.
Marking the start of Mount Street’s Christmas season, the evening is always one of the most festive gatherings in the West End.
Boutiques and retailers celebrate the occasion by extending opening hours to welcome guests in store with complimentary festive treats, special events and carol singing for an evening of fashion, food and culture.
Festive activity hosted by Mount Street retailers across the evening includes:
- The Connaught will be serving mulled wine, delicious mince pies, gooey smores and indulgent hot chocolates to keep customers fuelled throughout the night
- MATCHESFASHION.COM will be serving mulled cider and gingerbread biscuits during extending opening hours at its new flagship at 5 Carlos Place
- Sophia Webster will be hosting a DJ just outside the store on Mount Street Mews, from 6pm-8pm. Festive drinks and snacks will be served all evening
- Christopher Kane will be hosting a DJ for an in-store party, with food and drinks served throughout, to tantalise the taste buds of shoppers
- Roland Mouret will launch the designer’s first book ‘Provoke – Attract – Seduce’ with an in-store signing and drinks; all proceeds from the book sales will go to Maggie’s Centre, a charity supporting cancer patients and their families. There will also be a food cart outside the store, serving mulled wine and other hot beverages
- Linda Farrow will serve champagne in store and offer a complimentary ‘max bear’ and monogramming with every purchase
- LONB will have a whiskey tasting with JJ Corry and also unveil its new windows designed by the TukTuk
- Hushain Zhang will treat shoppers to mulled wine and festive treats in-store, during extended opening hours
- Stephen Webster will serve festive sweets and champagne in store
- Christian Louboutin will offer champagne in store, during extended opening hours
- Roksanda will host a traditional wind-up monkey entertainer, and will serve Champagne and mince pies
- Wetherell is serving mulled cider, roast chestnuts and toasted marshmallows outside the store from 5.30pm
- Mount Street Deli will offer complimentary hot chocolates outside the store
- Porsche will be showcasing two of their stunning cars outside The Connaught
One of London’s most stylish streets, Mount Street’s selection of boutiques, heritage brands and restaurants, make it a leading destination for an unrivalled luxury shopping experience this Christmas.